Parent & Community Info Night on Safety
- Parent & Community Info Night on Safety
- 1/19/2023, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM
- Ridgeline High School Theatre, 20150 E Country Vista Dr, Liberty Lake
Please join us for our next Parent & Community Info Night…
School Safety Q&A
Thursday January 19, 6-7:15pm
Ridgeline High School Theatre, 20150 E. Country Vista Drive, Liberty Lake
CVSD is committed to a safe learning environment. Director Brian Asmus leads the school safety and security team with over 30 years’ experience providing professional protection services. He will be available to answer what safety questions you may have about our schools.
CVSD works closely with our local first responders and department of emergency management in preparing for, responding to, and mitigating emergency incidents that may occur at our schools.
Did you know that CVSD has three campus resource officers (CRO) with specialized training in protecting our schools? We also contract with the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office and the Liberty Lake Police Department to provide commissioned law enforcement school resource deputies (SRD) / officers (SRO) supporting our schools.
Do you have questions about our safety and security protocols and processes that we have in place? Here are just a few:
- Secured and monitored single point entry system.
- An All-Hazards Emergency Management Plan.
- Processes for identifying and responding to potential risks and actual threats.
- Standardized, best practices approach emergency response protocols including lockout (secure the perimeter), lockdown (active threat in the building), evacuation, shelter in place (hazmat) and earthquake. Family Reunification Plan and pre-determined evacuation sights. These protocols are practiced in each building throughout the school year.
- Crisis Communication Plan that includes direct communication between CVSD and first responders.
- “See something, say something” campaign.
We hope to see you at our Safety Info Night next Thursday, January 19, 6pm at Ridgeline High School.
Looking for information from the last Parent and Community Info night on Gender-Inclusive Schools?
We answered the general questions that came from our December 8, 2022, Parent and Community Information night about gender-inclusive laws, policies and procedures.
Find the full summary of questions and answers on our web site under News and Announcements.